IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS
2020-21 Seasonal Measures for Brown Marmorated Stink Bug (BMSB) Season Ending
The 2020-21 BMSB risk season will be coming to an end 31st of May which will see a 3 month break until the start of the 2021-22 risk season.
Summary of 2020-21 season
- This season saw a decrease in the number of live detections at Biosecurity entry points, indicating the biosecurity policy continues to be successful in minimising the risk posed by BMSB.
- As of 17th of May 21 there as been over 100,000 containers that were subject to BMSB measures this season, including 11,963 LCL containers.
- Approximately 38% of FCL containers and 82% of LCL containers subject to BMSB measures were treated offshore and experienced faster border clearance with no onshore intervention required.
Review for 2021-22 season
- A review of the measures is currently underway for the 2021-22 BMSB season by the Department of Agriculture and will be made publicly available prior to 1st of September. Once these have been released ADM Global will provide further details.
New season 2021-22
- There is currently no change to the BMSB risk season dates for 2021-22 which will begin 1st of September 2021 and end 31st of May 2022.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your account representative.
ADM Global Pty Ltd