IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL CUSTOMERS
China – Australia Free Trade Agreement Commencement
Dear Valued Client,
We wish to announce that the China-Australia Free Trade Agreement (ChAFTA) will enter into force on 20 December 2015.
The agreement was signed on 17 June 2015 in Canberra by Australia’s Minister for Trade and Investment Andrew Robb, and the Chinese Commerce Minister, Mr Gao Hucheng. This follows a critical ‘exchange of notes’ in Sydney between Australia’s Ambassador-designate to China Jan Adams and Chinese Ambassador Ma Zhaoxu which formally confirms that both Australia and China have now fulfilled their respective domestic requirements to enable ChAFTA to enter into force.
Please see below link for the full press release by Minister Robb. http://trademinister.gov.au/releases/Pages/2015/ar_mr_151209.aspx
You are urged to contact your ADM representative to discuss the potential savings and impact this may have on your business. It is important that you act now to avail yourself of the benefits.
To claim preferential treatment, you must have an approved “Certificate of Origin” or a “Declaration of Origin”
We have been advised that the following Chinese Authorities will be able to issue Certificates of Origin [COO]:
- AQSIQ (General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine) where the actual certificates will be issued by provincial Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureaus, which are administered by AQSIQ; and
- CCPIT (China Council for the Promotion of International Trade: (China Council for the Promotion of International Trade).
Australia’s authorised bodies are:
- the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- the Australian Industry Group and affiliated bodies; and
- the Australian Grape and Wine Authority.
COOs will not be issued prior to the commencement date of CHAFTA.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your account representative.
Yours faithfully, ADM GLOBAL PTY. LTD.